Thursday, June 3, 2010

post frenzy

I guess I have not blogged in so long-I've got ideas stored up!!

1. Play square for baby- I want to make these! BUT my sewing machine had turned against me and I have to wait till Rachel returns from Cali--hopefully she can help and I can go on sewing!

2. I did make these-ok, well not exactly those-but I cut some flannel fabric I had and am going to hem the edges to prevent it from raveling--once the sewing machine is back in commision.

3. I keep this one hand--the Easy Peasy kind, to use with my cloth wipes. My mom and husband use the huggies pure and natural wipes, and I do too when its a blowout or middle of the night exhaustion, but otherwise I stick to my cloth wipes and solution which hardly adds any bulk to my diaper washing and lengthens the life of the huggies pack.

4. I am not hard core about cloth dipes. Sometimes, if I am exhausted or sick of laundry, I'll use disposables. But, I'd say 85-90% of the time I use cloth; for Matt and my mom it's probably like 60%. All in all, I still know we're saving money as we've only actually bought diapers twice so far. (also thanks to my aunt Marilyn who carried us through size 1 and the infant days!)

5. It is a fun challenge to make stuff yourself and live a more simpler, frugal lifestyle. I do find it challenging though! And I get waves of motivation and then sometimes crash and quit:)

6. I made (or more accurately, watched while holding Miles, as the others made) homemade pickles a few weeks ago. Canning again and reading blogs about all the sugar in store bought spaghetti sauce and watching Food, Inc. and once again being disgusted at the American food biz has encouraged me to start making (more of) my own food. It's the time that's the issue!
But, I am hoping to start saving for my own canning supplies and make tons of spaghetti sauce and tomato soups before the season ends...

ok, that's all my random thoughts on crafts and babystuff for now:)

2 comments:

  1. I like this post!! I'm definitely interested in at least trying cloth wipes. Of course, I have starter packs of both disposable diapers and disposable wipes. I'm not assuming I'd be able to keep up w/ it in the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Christine! I am excited to see how your prefolds turn out:)

    ReplyDelete