Monday, June 14, 2010

Mush

My goal for this week is to make more baby food. Miles is eating more and more! But first, a peak at story time last night. He really was cuddly and paying a lot of attention, till he saw the camera:)




So, using my handy KidCo foodmill, I plan to roast, puree and freeze the following veggies.


Carrots, acorn squash and sweet potatoes are on the menu. Plus, some steamed zucchini and maybe peas too [not pictured]. The food mill is quite simple to use (after a brief tutorial on youtube, i figured it right out:). I am excited to start exploring more foods as we were stuck on banana and rice cereal for like a month there...Exciting, but also more work to do!


I was encouraged by D. Taylors sermon yesterday that we need not be in such a hurry on this earth, but can look forward to an eternity of creativity (among other things:). I certainly feel like I've got way more ideas than time...and more desires to create things than supplies, time and money. But, I am happy to make baby food for Miles and dinner for Matt and be creative one meal or one load of laundry at a time...
Seriously, in the repetition of homemaking, it so helps to remember that the little things like laundry and dinner are not so little when done out of joyful heart to care for one's family!

2 comments:

  1. wow! I have totally missed your last few posts! I need to update my blog, too. Miles is so cute! I love the pic of you reading with him, and his look of utter shock at the camera. haha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete