Thursday, June 25, 2009

15th week




So, I am in my 15th week!
And, amazingly, Matt has A negative blood!! yay!! no shots for me.:) We were both thrilled, relieved and so grateful to not have to go through that. Although modern medicine can set your mind at ease, its still annoying to have complications, etc.

So, onward thru the pregnancy! I bought some maternity shorts and ofcourse they are too big. The belly band helps with this clothing-awkard phase..holding on both big and small pants:)

This week has been Neighborhood Bible Clubs (our version of VBS) and I've been helping lead the songs at our club. Its has been really fun to get to know people I've gone to church with for years, and reach out to kids in their community that had never heard the gospel..ever! Needless to say, its taken all of my extra energy. Yesterday, I curled up in the darkest room in our house (thanks, rachie!) and slept for 2hrs straight...no problem! It felt great.




Lastly, my new favorite pregnancy food: GREEN monsters. Through a series of blog recommendations, I've finally tried this amazing drink. Even more amazing, Matt and I split it..he loves it! If you check out the recipe below, that means my husband is drinking approx 2 cups of spinach! I am so happy.:) And I just can feel the baby getting vitamins when I consume it...I'll post a picture next time.. here is the recipe:

Green Monsters: (Boudreau version)
1 c almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 spoonful almond butter
4 c fresh spinach
handful frozen blueberries
a few cubes of ice

that's all for now:) We have our next prenatal July 17th and shortly after that we find out the gender!
till next week,

2 comments:

  1. i hafta ask, why is this boudreau version? what did you change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i think i just don't add any protein powder like a lot of people do...nothin weird or anything:)

    ReplyDelete