Monday, June 15, 2009

13 weeks and 3 days (14 weeks?)

Hi All, Today was our 2nd prenatal visit to the Austin Area Birthing Center. Matt and I met Roswitha and she looked over my diet diary and said it looked good, especially the cheese and eggs (which is good, cause besides OHs! cereal, I feel like that is ALL I eat:) I gained 2 lbs since my last appt four weeks ago, which is good since its an average of a pound a week, but she said the baby will have growth spurts and some weeks you gain more than others. I need some bigger pants for sure!

And we got to hear a strong heartbeat today!!! 160 beat/min sounded like the galloping horses that people often compare it to. amazing! HE/SHE is in there and doing great:) This was our first time to hear it, since we just saw it last time, and it was very exciting to us both. We were both laughing in amazement!

The other big news from our appointment is that my blood type is O negative. This is a rarer blood type and we may need some extra precautions in week 28 if Matt is a positive blood type. So, he got his blood taken to see what we'll do next. I have some research to do, but if there is a chance the our baby will have a positive blood type (since I'm negative) they will give the me a preventative RhoGAM shot to ensure that my blood doesn't become hostile to the baby's, should they mix.

So other than that news, all is well. I am still pretty tired most of the time and must be vigilant about eating constantly to avoid feeling ill, but otherwise am getting more excited about being pregnant! I had my first baby dream last night and where I was holding the baby! I am working on a photo story for this pregnancy, so this looks more like a mug shot, but oh well...
till next week.

1 comment:

  1. I had a dream that you guys had your baby and it was a boy! I had the dream Saturday night.

    I remember learning about that blood type stuff in my anatomy class!! what fun.

    love you both - and big matt too of course :)

    ReplyDelete