Wednesday, December 23, 2009

a baby story...



Recap: We closed on our new home Friday at lunch time. Moved Saturday. Miles was born Monday Dec 14th at 8:20am.
Contractions started officially at 11pm Sunday night, but were increasing all day Sunday.
So, we were playing Yahtzee at 10ish and I was up after every turn, rolling my hips around and pretty uncomfortable. After Matt slaughtered me I said I better get to bed in case I had a baby the next day...So at 11pm we went to bed. I was up about every 10 min, moving my hips around, squatting, etc. Finally at 2am, sleep wasn't really happening due to the painful interruptions-so I called the midwives. Roswitha called back and said there wasn't much to do till the contractions were 5 min apart...drink a beer and get some rest she said.

So, I started trying to time them around 2:30. They were 4-5-8 min apart. So I figured I still had plenty of time till they got more consistent. Still, up every 5 min or so, rolling the pelvis, sitting on the toilet, moaning, walking around the house and reading up on early labor (maybe should have done that sooner?:) The beer made me feel nauseous.

At 6am I was a mess-moaning so loud Matt would wake with each one, stroke me and tell me to try and relax as best I could. HA. He was helpful though, because at least I was focused on him and not the pain, entirely. I COULD NOT relax at that point, probably because I had, unknowingly, reached transition, where relaxing during contractions is no use... I was pushing with each one.

My water broke at 7:15 am and Matt called the ABC again. I got the phone and told Roswitha I felt like I needed to push with each one. She said, GET IN THE CAR! So, we pull up to the ABC at 7:45am and 5 pushes later, Miles is out at 8:20am. Oh MY goodness. It was so fast. I didn't even have time to get in the tub like I wanted.

He weighed 8lbs 4oz and was 21 1/4 in long. He has hair everywhere and Paul Boudreau lips:)

I am still pretty tired and have yet to really process the miracle of labor. But I know two things 1. it was really hard 2. I did it!

We are IN love with Miles. He is so.so. cute, even when his face is red mid-scream. He is sleeping now and I probably should be too. But today is Christmas eve and who can sleep this day away?! We are so grateful!

2 comments:

  1. it's wonderful to read this! i want to ask you a million questions. haha but i will save it!

    ReplyDelete