Monday, July 13, 2009

18th wk-kick!

Hi Everyone, Saturday I felt the first 'official' movement!! It was very exciting:) Matt and I have our next appt this Friday and then soon after, we'll find out the gender. I have absolutely no gut instinct on this and am very very curious. I'm compiling a list of questions for our midwife (like, can i get on a plane in sept for our two yr anniversary??). Also, I've started to investigate doulas or a labor coach. The research about their services is compelling:
"-women who have continuous one-on-one support during labor tend to use pain medication less often
-have slightly shorter labors
- are less likely to have a c-section or a forceps or vacuum-assisted delivery.
If you're serious about trying to give birth without pain medication, a doula may be your best ally." babycenter.com

I can't think of anyone better than Matt to be my labor coach, seeing as he's the best coach (type personality-irrespective of sports) I know, but he's still not too sure of himself on the labor scene and historically doesn't do well in medically stressful situations. So, as a backup for him and a comfort to us both, I think it'd be wise to have a labor coach this time!
We'll meet with a few in the next month and make a decision before we start our Bradley class in Sept.
next post: Miles or Isabella!!!

2 comments:

  1. lovin' the blog!! :-) I can't wait to find out about the gender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the names you guys have picked out! I'm so excited for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete