Thursday, November 19, 2009

36 wks

So, today I can have my baby at the Austin Area Birthing Center.
However, today I will most likely NOT have my baby there. I mean, I am only 36 wks.:)

Today I am having a baby shower at work. They are placing bets on my actual deliver date.
I have definitely felt "showered" the past weeks-with supplies and encouragement! It has been amazing! I mean, I went from having almost having nothing but a baby bathtub, bassinet and a few onesies, to having a crib, changing table, TONS of diapers (regular and cloth), clothes and all sorts of other things to help with little Miles.

On the pregnancy front, I feel huge and am having trouble climbing the stairs! I have gained 27.5 lbs so far. Miles' heart rate was in the 130s on Tuesday at our last appt and Roswitha said his head felt very low; which is good news! I'm still walking on the treadmill, but have also been having a harder time eating healthy. I mean, I have my routine where I get lots of fruits and veggies daily-but in the in between times, I finally understand why people just eat sweets-and lots-while pregnant! I think my appetite has increased since Miles has started putting on more weight and it's a force of will to not just eat junk when that hunger doesn't seem to go away:)

We also met with Nicole and talked about some expectations and fears during labor. Our homework was to think about the logistics of post partum and who will be doing what...etc. On that note, Matt is a really great husband. For example, he shot a buck that was smaller than he'd hoped for, just so we (mostly me) wouldn't feel stressed for the rest of hunting season about him needing 'the buck'. I know he is going to be a really great dad and a great coach/help to me.

In other news, we are buying a house! We hope to close Dec 15th (two days before the due date). It's crazy to think about moving into a house and having a new baby and realizing there is a chance it could happen at.the.same.time! But, it's all the best kind of change=family and provision for a house, two big blessings!

So, before all the pandemonium breaks loose, we just wait and get ready (as best we can) for all the stuff ahead. It's definitely a frustrating spot for me, but I am practicing patience and trying to think of things I can do now to be more prepared in 3 wks.
Pics from shower #1


Jessica, Catherine and ILynn, Mom and I

More pics to come; they are upstairs on my dad's computer and like I said, the stairs are just not that easy these days:)...

No comments:

Post a Comment