Thursday, May 7, 2009

9 weeks...


I think I am in my 9th week...according to my calculations. If that is accurate then the baby is the size of a grape. Also in the 9th: "Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth"

amazing!! even more amazing that we-people, Americans, women-ME- don't know this stuff, the intimate details of life until it is happening to our bodies. I just find that wrong.

Not just because I am ignorant, which I am, but because desperate women do desperate things because of ignorance. Because someone told them, "it is not alive." It, meaning the life that is growing in their body!!


Before I was sick all day long, I would fantasize about having a conversation with someone about abortion, while I am with child. My goal is to use the ridiculous logic that if I was hit by a drunk driver, the driver would be charged with double homicide. But, if I wanted to get an abortion, no one would press charges. BUT, what about the double homicide? The driver that took TWO lives. Well suddenly, if I deem that second life 'burdensome' then its not a life. So the thing inside of me is defined by its termination. If I wanted it to be gone = not alive, if I had baby room plans and registries set up for the little tyke = alive. THE LOGIC HERE DOESN'T HOLD!!!


So, thanks for letting me practice and conversation I PRAY I get to have soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment